Features request

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Post here your feature requests :

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I decided to add an important feature, it's the capablity to have some public pages and some private pages. It will be available soon...
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Hi Laurent.

I haven't seen the backend of MyPrettyCMS so I don't know what is possible or not, or what is already done or not. Therefore, feel free to comment and say if things are feasible or not, what you plan on doing, or what you won't do for sure.

I however assume MyPrettyCMS has a notion of groups for users so it can handle access to sections based on a users' group.
Another point is that most CMS use webparts (or widgets, or whatever they call it this week) to separate a pages' content in small chuncks, with dropzones where these parts are dropped and configured. Also, if these webparts could be made from user controls, it would add infinite growth and flexibility to MyPrettyCMS.

So, here are a few things that I think should be part of your solution:
  • As said above, I'd like to see web parts, along with zones to drop these onto, and the possibility to develop new webparts as user controls (in C# or VB.net).
  • Functionality to manage a library of resources (files), grouping them by folders. A directory type hierarchy would be the best to give better flexibility. One would then give access to these "folder" based on group membership. It would be OK to only set the security at the top folder level, but if you want to go more detailed and allow security to be set at the sub-folder level, that would be awesome (not even talking about giving this at the file level :))!
  • Related to the above, have a widget to allow showing documents from a given library of resources, secured by group membership. So in other words, USER1 who belongs to group ABC would only see and be able to access the documents/folders group ABC is entitled to see.
  • Some way to link to a page within the site through internal link so that if a page is moved around (is this possible???) it would follow the link
  • Have a treeview of the pages hierarchy of the site and allow reorganization, either moving a complete section, or just a page.
  • Use of user-defined templates to allow different look and feel for different sections of the site.
Some of the widget ideas would be :
  • The top menus (tabs) could be one widget, so it would not necessarely be present on each page. It could be replaced by other navigation widget, and customized - like only showing the top page of each section, leaving sub-pages to another set of menus defined in another widget.
  • Other menu widget that could be inserted on the side of the site that would show sub-pages for the current section
  • All menu widgets could be connected to a specific section - related to item 5 in the list above.
  • Content editor accepting HTML input
  • RSS feed
  • Calendar
  • Image rotator
  • etc...
I have a lot of other ideas from my experience using various CMS, but this would be a good start :)
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
En fait il faut comprendre que ce qui est open source est un starter kit (surpuissant pour qui connait bien le MVC4). Ce que j'appelle les "briques logicielles vont venir plus tard. J'en créerais une ou deux open source pour montrer comment on fait mais je vais surtout en créer beaucoup qui seront payantes par abonnement. Bien entendu, le prix de l'abonnement sera tellement bas que personne n'aura envie de redévelopper les modules toutefois, je créerais quand même un MyPrettyCMS plugin starter kit pour les plus fanatiques. 2013/2/14 zoltanar <<notifications@codeplex.com> From: zoltanar Hi Laurent. I haven't seen the backend of MyPrettyCMS so I don't know what is possible or not, or what is already done or not. Therefore, feel free to comment and say if things are feasible or not, what you plan on doing, or what you won't do for sure. I however assume MyPrettyCMS has a notion of groups for users so it can handle access to sections based on a users' group. Another point is that most CMS use webparts (or widgets, or whatever they call it this week) to separate a pages' content in small chuncks, with dropzones where these parts are dropped and configured. Also, if these webparts could be made from user controls, it would add infinite growth and flexibility to MyPrettyCMS. So, here are a few things that I think should be part of your solution: As said above, I'd like to see web parts, along with zones to drop these onto, and the possibility to develop new webparts as user controls (in C# or VB.net). Functionality to manage a library of resources (files), grouping them by folders. A directory type hierarchy would be the best to give better flexibility. One would then give access to these "folder" based on group membership. It would be OK to only set the security at the top folder level, but if you want to go more detailed and allow security to be set at the sub-folder level, that would be awesome (not even talking about giving this at the file level :))! Related to the above, have a widget to allow showing documents from a given library of resources, secured by group membership. So in other words, USER1 who belongs to group ABC would only see and be able to access the documents/folders group ABC is entitled to see. Some way to link to a page within the site through internal link so that if a page is moved around (is this possible???) it would follow the link Have a treeview of the pages hierarchy of the site and allow reorganization, either moving a complete section, or just a page. Use of user-defined templates to allow different look and feel for different sections of the site. Some of the widget ideas would be : The top menus (tabs) could be one widget, so it would not necessarely be present on each page. It could be replaced by other navigation widget, and customized - like only showing the top page of each section, leaving sub-pages to another set of menus defined in another widget. Other menu widget that could be inserted on the side of the site that would show sub-pages for the current section All menu widgets could be connected to a specific section - related to item 5 in the list above. Content editor accepting HTML input RSS feed Calendar Image rotator etc... I have a lot of other ideas from my experience using various CMS, but this would be a good start :) Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (myprettycms@discussions.codeplex.com) To start a new discussion for this project, email myprettycms@discussions.codeplex.com You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM
En fait, je ne veux surtout pas m'inspirer des autres dans un premier temps car j'ai déjà plus de 50 briques logicielles de prévues... 2013/2/14 Zoltanar <<notifications@codeplex.com> From: Zoltanar Super! C'est vraiment bien et un bon cheminement. Si tu cherche quelques idées, jette un oeil à SiteFinity. Tu peux télécharger une version gratuite (limitée malheureusement pour ce que je recherche personnellement), mais il est fonctionnel et très bien. En fait, c'est le meilleur CMS que j'ai utilisé jusqu'à présent, et de loin. Olivier K